Throughout its history, music has always been a significant force in the culture and life of the Nepalese people
Introduction to NMF
Throughout its history, music has always been a significant force in the culture and life of the Nepalese people. It has been a force that has brightened lives, created social change and united the country. Nepal Music festival believes together in a celebration of People, Peace, and Progress, campaign, the first of its kind in South Asia, to promote the sustainable development of the country. This will be a music festival involving Nepalese and International musicians, as well as a host of guest speakers and experts in the fields of education, peace building and development.
To enable the sustainable development of Nepal’s Economy and Culture, through the empowerment of youth and the engagement of stakeholders around the world.
The idea of Nepal Music Festival began in late 2011 in Denmark and later materialized as the inaugural of the Nepal Music Festival 2012; to be the first historical event of its own kind in Nepal and probably in South Asia. The concept came into existence by the team thirst and efforts to bring about some changes by campaigning for peace, and initiating development process, giving the theme of 3P: People, Peace & Progress; particularly engaging the Nepalese youth via the means of Music and Festival. The brains behind the initiative was the small group of Nepalese living in Denmark and later supported by Nepalese friends from Nepal and various parts of the World, and other international supporters who actively contributed in the process. From its existence, it is trying to develop into a unique music festival and also as a social organization with a powerful social platform with engagements of hundred of young volunteers and activists. So far, Nepal Music Festival has been visited by over thousands of people both local and International, and have been watched by many thousands via our World Wide Web streaming.
Nepal Music Festival as a social organization status is struggling to be one of the best social platforms in the country, and far more willing to contribute in making the event more than a music festival. Music and Culture as a Platform for Change – Throughout history, music has always been a significant force in the culture and life of Nepalese people. It has been a force that has brightened lives, created social change, and united the country. We here at the Nepal Music Festival believes together in a celebration of People, Peace, and Progress, for what will most certainly be an important event in the history of Nepal.
Ensure that there are no words that could be politically inflammatory or controversial in the Nepalese context Offensive or violent language/visual/comment/audio Like the festival? Want to be part of developing and executing NMF 2017? Send an e-mail right now with the subject “ NMF 2017 ” and Your Name to email@example.com and we will contact you soon.
Do you have an entrepreneurial mind? Soon the people behind NMF are opening Nepal School of Entrepreneurship. Get updates from Nepal School of Entrepreneurship by sending an e-mail right now with the subject “ NSE Opening ” and Your Name to firstname.lastname@example.org
- “ Nepal Music Festival holds the status of a legitimate organization as an Nepali NGO with a registration no: 862/2068. We are registered as a Non-Profit, Non-Governmental Organization in Nepal, under the Organization Registration Act. 2034 B.S, Clause (4) ”
- “ Nepal Music Festival team consists of Nepalese and our partners and volunteers from the International community Our Understanding We believe that in Nepal, there will be no endearing Peace without Development, and there will be no Development without us who stand together for Peace. And so we are putting together a festival that stands for Peace, for People, and for Progress. The first of its kind in South Asia! ”
- “ To promote the Sustainable Development of Nepal, from the people, and for the people. Nepal Music Festival is a yearly culture and music festival, in a celebration of hope transformation and peace – highlighting international as well as Nepalese musicians, bands, and performing arts. ”
- “ The festival will involve international guest speakers in the field of education, entrepreneurship, peace building, and development. The festival is working to accelerate the Social Entrepreneurship movement in the field of education, music, culture, and experience economy. ”
- “ Through the common language of music; Nepal Music Festival takes the opportunity to initiate action to bring the progressive change. It is music that binds diverse Nepalese communities together in one single unity. As the history has shown, music has almost always played a key role in every major social change in Nepal and even around the world. ”
- “ We are also registered as a Non-Profit Organization at ‘District Development Office’ Kathmandu Nepal. Nepal Music Festival Commitment– Nepal Music Festival is a not-for-profit, yearly volunteer run festival, with all proceeds to be channelled to social causes in Nepal. ”